What are cookies and why do we use them on the Trucos.com website?
A cookie is a file that is downloaded to the user's device when accessing certain web pages to store and retrieve information about the navigation carried out from said computer.
Cookies allow said website, among other things, to store and retrieve information about the user's decisions and habits. At Trucos.com we use them to personalize the experience within our websites, identify and remember the registered user and facilitate navigation.
On the Wikipedia page (http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cookie_(computing)) it is possible to obtain more information about what cookies are and how they work.
What type of cookies do the Trucos.com websites use?
Cookies, depending on their permanence, can be divided into session or permanent Cookies. The first ones expire when the user closes the browser. The latter expire depending on when the purpose for which they serve is fulfilled (for example, so that the user remains identified on the Trucos.com websites and services) or when they are manually deleted.
Additionally, depending on their objective, Cookies can be classified as follows:
Performance cookies: This type of Cookie remembers your preferences for the tools found on the services, so you do not have to reconfigure the service each time you visit. As an example, this typology includes:
- Volume adjustments for video or sound players.
- The video transmission speeds that are supported by your browser.
Geolocation cookies: These Cookies are used to find out what country you are in when you request a website or service. This Cookie is completely anonymous, and is only used to help target content to your location.
Registration cookies: Registration Cookies are generated once the User has registered or subsequently opened their session, and are used to identify them on the websites and services with the following objectives:
- Keep the user identified so that, if they close a service or website, the browser or the computer and at another time or another day they re-enter said service or website, they will continue to be identified, thus facilitating their navigation without having to identify themselves again. This functionality can be deleted if the user clicks on the “Exit” functionality, so that this Cookie is deleted and the next time the user enters the website they will have to log in to be identified.
- Check if the user is authorized to access certain services, for example, to participate in a contest.
- Additionally, some services may use third-party connectors such as Facebook, Twitter or Google. When the user registers in a service with credentials from a social network or third-party identification system, they authorize it to save a persistent cookie that remembers their identity and guarantees access to the website until it expires. The user can delete this cookie and revoke access to the website through social networks or third-party identification systems by updating their preferences on the specific social network.
Analytics cookies: Every time a User visits a Website or Service, a tool from an external provider (Google Analytics, comScore and similar) generates an analytical cookie on the user's device. This cookie, which is only generated during the visit, will be used on future visits to Trucos.com services to anonymously identify the visitor. The main objectives pursued are:
- Allow the anonymous identification of browsing users through the “Cookie” (identifies browsers and devices, not people) and therefore the approximate accounting of the number of visitors and their trend over time.
- Anonymously identify the most visited content and therefore the most attractive to users
- Know if the user who is accessing is new or repeat visit.
Important: Unless the User decides to register on a Trucos.com website, the cookie will never be associated with any personal data that may identify them. These cookies will only be used for statistical purposes that help optimize the user experience on the site.
Advertising cookies: These types of cookies allow us to expand the information of the advertisements shown to each anonymous user on the Trucos.com websites. Among others, the duration or frequency of viewing advertising positions, the interaction with them, or the user's browsing patterns and/or behaviors are stored as they help create a profile of advertising interest. In this way, they allow us to offer advertising related to the user's interests.
To manage Trucos.com advertising, third-party advertising service tools (Adservers – http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adserver) are used. These third parties may store cookies sent from the Trucos.com websites from users' browsers, as well as access the data stored therein.
The companies that generate these Cookies have their own privacy policies.
Currently, Trucos.com uses Google's Doubleclick platform to manage these services. For more information, go to https://www.google.es/policies/privacy/.
How to disable cookies in the browser
Most browsers currently allow the user to configure whether and which cookies they want to accept. These settings are usually found in the 'Options' or 'Preferences' menu of your browser.
These are the instructions to configure cookies in the main browsers:
- Chrome: Settings -> Show advanced options -> Privacy -> Content settings. For more information, you can consult Google support or browser Help.
- Firefox: Tools -> Options -> Privacy -> History -> Custom Settings. For more information, you can consult Mozilla support or the browser Help.
- Edge/Internet Explorer: Tools -> Internet Options -> Privacy -> Settings. For more information, you can consult Microsoft support or browser Help.
- Safari: Preferences -> Security. For more information, you can consult Apple Support or Browser Help.