Let's see how to change the WhatsApp keyboard, so that you can choose the configuration and language with which you feel most comfortable in a simple and fast way. This is an option that most users will surely advanced already know how to do it, but if you are not used to the options of the messaging app Maybe you don't know very well how to do it. Don't suffer, thanks to our tutorial you will learn how to change the WhatsApp keyboard, as well as he language what do you prefer, in a direct and comfortable way. Then don't miss how to change keyboard WhatsApp on iPhone and Android phones.
WhatsApp: how to change the keyboard and language
Index of contents
The first aspect that we must be clear about is that the WhatsApp keyboard does not depend on the messaging application itself, since the keyboard it uses is the same for the rest of the mobile apps. With this we clarify that in reality the WhatsApp keyboard is not changed, but by editing the keyboard through WhatsApp the general keyboard of the terminal is changed.
On the other hand, you can choose the keyboard you want and change it as many times as you want, even alternating between keyboards you have installed depending on the circumstances or the app in which you use them. That being said, let's get started.
Before starting to configure a new keyboard for your mobile phone through WhatsApp, it is necessary to choose the keyboard itself from a wide variety available for both iPhone and Android. Among the most popular and recommended we find the keyboard Google GBBoard with your own built-in services or keyboard Swiftkey, a pioneer among third-party keyboards and which now belongs to Microsoft.
As we say, to change the WhatsApp keyboard we must edit and configure the system's own keyboard; To do this, follow the following steps:
- The first step is to access Setting of the iPhone.
- Now access the section General to see the main options of the terminal.
- Scroll down and click on the entry Keyboard, in the fourth block of options.
- Now click on the first option Keyboards, with the number of keyboards installed on the device.
- A list will appear with the keyboards installed on the iPhone, each with the icon Edit to delete and sort them; The order of the keyboards will determine the order in which they are alternated in the apps that use them, such as WhatsApp.
- If you click on a keyboard in the list you will access its configuration.
- In WhatsApp or any other app that uses a keyboard, you can switch between keyboards and languages through the sphere icon in the lower left corner of the screen.
To change the keyboard on Android you will have to follow steps similar to those in the previous section, that is, configuring keyboards through system options; follow the following steps:
- The first step is to access Setting of the Android mobile.
- Now click on the section System.
- Within this section you will see several entries; choose Languages and text input.
- Now click on the option On-screen keyboard; If your Android interface has a custom layer, it is likely that the option is Keyboard.
- You will access a list with all the keyboards downloaded and installed on your Android mobile.
- Now click on Manage on-screen keyboards or a similarly named option.
- You will access a screen with a list of keyboards and methods for writing with your mobile; You can activate or deactivate the keyboards that you want to use or not.
And that's it; You can have one or more keyboards active at the same time to alternate between them according to the circumstances or needs of each moment or application. To do this, when you are typing with the on-screen keyboard, click on the keyboard icon at the bottom right of the screen. For the language, press the sphere icon or the language name that you want to activate, also at the bottom of the screen.
Now you know how to change the keyboard and language in WhatsApp through the settings of your terminal, either iPhone (iOS) either Android.