Let's see how to disable Google Assistant, the artificial intelligence of smart devices Google that is capable of responding to your indications or questions through your voice. And there are many users who are afraid that voice assistants listen to private conversations, in addition to the fact that on many occasions the assistants respond or activate by mistake. Therefore, below we show you how to disable the wizard Google or, in any case, limit your response.
Guide to deactivate Google Assistant
Index of contents
Follow the steps below to disable google assistant; With a few simple steps you can deactivate it completely:
- Access the google app on your phone.
- Click on the icon Further (…) located in the lower right corner.
- Click on Setting.
- Select the option Google Assistant.
- Look for the option Assistant Devices; now select Phone or another device you want to disable Google Assistant on.
- Deactivate the Google Assistant; You can also say “Ok Google, turn off” so that the wizard will teach you step by step how to do it.
If instead of deactivating the Google Assistant you prefer to modify it according to your needs, you can edit your options so that it responds only to what you want. To do this, access the option More (…) – Settings – Google Assistant. Although you can also simply disable specific options.
In this way, you can prevent the voice assistant activated by mistake, maintaining functions only when driving, for example. Follow the steps below to modify it:
- Accede to Setting.
- Select the option Applications.
- Click on the three vertical points located in the upper right corner of the screen to open more options; choose Default apps.
- Click on Assistance application.
- You can now modify various aspects of the wizard; Click on the gear icon Setting to see more options and select Voice Match.
- Now you can deactivate Access with Voice Match but you can leave the option while you drive activated.
Google Assistant offers its own version dedicated to the home with Google Home and, with it, several devices with which to take advantage of its home automation functions, be it a smart speaker, a SmartTV or a smart watch, to name just a few. And you may want to turn off the assistant on these devices temporarily or only at specific times. Follow the steps below to modify its functions:
- Access the application Google Home.
- Click on Home and choose the device whose options you want to modify.
- Click on the gear icon Setting.
- Choose Digital Wellbeing – New schedule.
- Choose the devices to which to apply the modification and click on Following.
- Edit the days and times or create a custom one and click on Following.
- Choose the start time and shutdown time and click on Next – Done.
Now you know how to disable google assistant or, in any case, modify its parameters so that it does not bother you again by mistake; On the other hand, the options and routes may vary depending on the device, but they are quite similar to each other as they are based on Android.