Let's see how to update to iOS 15, so that your iPhone has the latest version of operating system for mobile devices Manzana. And having the most recent version of iOS installed on the smartphone guarantees to be up to date with all the features, tools and security options for your mobile, as well as the bug fixes known from previous versions. Therefore, in our guide we detail everything you need to know before updating, as well as the step by step method to install iOS 15. Do not miss how to update to iOS 15 in you iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
How to update your iPhone to iOS 15
Index of contents
Before directly installing a new version of iOS (iOS 15 in this case), we recommend following a series of previous steps for greater security and peace of mind.
The recommended first step before updating to a new version of iOS is create a backup to iCloud or iTunes. Follow the steps below:
- First of all, check that you have access to iCloud either iTunes, as well as a computer that you can access later for backup.
- If you want to make the backup through iCloud, you will first have to access Settings and click on the photo of your profile.
- Now slide down the screen and tap on Back up to iCloud.
- Activate the iCloud Backup switch to enable this type of backup.
- On the contrary, if you want to use iTunes for the backup you will have to connect iPhone to a PC or Mac via a USB cable and have iTunes installed in the computer.
- When you connect your phone to your computer, iTunes will open automatically.
- Click now on it mobile icon below the toolbar to access iPhone options.
- Now choose where you want the backup to be saved (iCloud or computer) and click on Make a copy now.
The second step is free up storage space if so required. And it is never a bad idea to free up a few gigabytes of memory your iPhone so that the download of the new operating system completes without problems. To do this, simply delete some apps that you don't use regularly or delete photos and videos from the device to have extra storage space. When the update is finished, you will be able to reinstall the apps you delete.
Another essential step is to plug the iOS device into a plug, so that your iPhone or iPad does not run out of battery while updating; And if that happens, you could cause damage to the operating system, making the terminal unrecoverable. It is important that the battery be by above charging 50%. To do this, use the official cables and chargers that come with your devices.
Finally, it is advisable to connect the device you want to update to iOS 15 to a Wi-Fi network to have the maximum possible download speed and thus avoid running out of mobile data due to the large size of the necessary download.
Once you have completed the steps prior to installing the new Apple operating system, we can now move on to how to install iOS 15 on your mobile step by step. It is a simple process and will be completed after a few minutes. Follow the steps below:
- Accede to Settings on your iPhone and click on General; If you see a red circle appear with a number inside, it means that an iOS update is available.
- Now click on the option Software update and wait for your iPhone to find the new update.
- We recommend reading the complete information of the new update to know all its new features; click on More information to show it all. Press Back to return to the previous step.
- Now click on Download and install; Enter your password if necessary and accept the terms and conditions.
- During the download you will be able to continue using your device without problem, since the download is done in the background.
- When the download is complete, click on Install Now for your device to start installing the new iOS update.
- The process will reboot your device before finishing. Make sure it has been installed correctly via Settings – Software Update; If so, the message will appear The software is up to date.
Prior to the availability of a new iOS update, developers have the option to install a beta not available to the general public. But what happens when the official update arrives if we have a beta installed? Before installing the new version it will be necessary uninstall beta version. Follow the steps below:
- Accede to Settings.
- Select the option General.
- Now click on Profile.
- Click on iOS beta software profile.
- Finally click on Delete profile; Enter your password to confirm.
So you can install the new version of iOS normally, following the steps in the previous sections. Now you know all the steps on how to install iOS 15 and how to prepare your device for it.