Let's see how to change the country in Google Play, the app store Google for devices Android, so that you can access content that is not available in your region but is available in others. And Google Play only allows download applications of the account country, but luckily you can change it through a few simple steps. So, if you go on a trip or move to another country, you can easily do it without having to resort to tricks or not very reliable third-party solutions. Therefore, below we show you how to change the country or region in Google Play.
Google Play: how to change the country or region easily
Index of contents
One of the useful features when changing the country or region of Google Play is the ability to download apps that are only available in a specific market. Unfortunately, this feature won't work for you; For this you will have to resort to Aurora Store and follow a series of steps.
For the topic at hand, which is the Google Play country change, is only allowed for permanent trips to another country, although with some restrictions to prevent users from abusing said tool. So much so, that you can only change the country on Google Play once a year, as long as you have a associated payment method to that new country, whether it is a PayPal account, a bank card or billing from your mobile to make payments.
If you meet these conditions, keep reading to find out how to change the country in Google Play.
Thus, if you meet the requirements of the previous section, you will be able change country on Google Play easily. Follow the steps below:
- Accede to Google Play with your account.
- Click on it three horizontal lines icon located in the upper right corner of the screen to display the side panel.
- Now click on the section Account; If you have multiple accounts set up, make sure you are in the one you want to change country to.
- On the next screen you will see the country associated with your account from Google Play.
- If you meet the requirements you will see the section Switch to Play Store version of your new country; you cannot choose the country, since Google automatically detects it.
The requirements that will appear on the screen are:
- That you are in a different country than your account through your IP adress.
- That you have not changed your Google Play country in the last year.
- That you have the possibility of using a way to pay of the new country.
- That your account is not part of a associated family to another country.
If you meet these requirements, finally you will only have to choose the new payment method corresponding to the new country. Add it and verify your identity to associate it with your Google account.
Finally, you will just have to wait for Google to accept the changes and edit the country associated with your Google Play account, a process that usually takes between 24 and 48 hours. Of course, the balance you had in your previous country will remain blocked until you return to your home country, at which point you will be able to access it again.