Let's see how to change username on snapchat, the popular social network to share stories and stay in touch with your virtual friends. And over time, social network users change, so it is likely that the name or nickname originally chosen at the time of creating a personal account not to be liked of the user himself after a time or not appropriate to the content that you want to share. But it is possible change nickname the one you first signed up for on snapchat? Actually it's not possible, since for security reasons Snapchat does not allow you to modify this parameter. But luckily we can take other actions to change the way other users of snapchat they see us. Therefore, below we offer you all the options at your disposal to change the Username on snapchat.
Change your Snapchat name: quick and easy
Index of contents
The first thing you have to keep in mind is that Snapchat does not allow its users to change their usernames with which they registered or transfer account data between usernames. Thanks to our tutorial you can make changes to how other Snapchat users see youIn addition to knowing how to create a new account and save usernames of your friends to add them to your new profile.
So, even though you can't change your Snapchat username to another name, yes you can modify how other users see you of the social network. Your Snapchat username will remain the same, but it won't be as visible to your friends. Follow the steps below:
- Access your Snapchat account and click on the your profile icon located in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Click on it gear icon located in the upper right corner of the screen to access your Snapchat account Settings.
- Select the option Name.
- Enter a New display name in section Name.
- Click on Keep.
From this moment on, the name you have entered in the section Name It will be the name that will appear in your friends' stories and chats instead of your username.
The only way for a Snapchat user to see your real username is through your Snapchat profile during a chat, as this is when your snapcode, username, snap score, and chat emojis are displayed, or selecting your display name when looking for friends.
Another method to change your username on Snapchat is creating a completely new account, right from the start. If you choose this option you will be able to add your friends from your current account, although this time with a username that you feel comfortable with, since you will have all the freedom to choose the username you currently want.
Of course, if you create a new Snapchat account you will lose all data from your previous account, including your current snapcode, your snap score, your snap streaks, your best friends, your chats and trophies earned.
Follow the steps below to create a new Snapchat account with all your current friends:
- Access your Snapchat account and select the section Chats.
- Click on it new chat icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Go to All to see your friends in alphabetical order.
- Write down each name or take a screenshot of the list.
- Select the x in the upper right corner to cancel New chat.
- Type the first friend on your list into the search field at the top of the screen.
- Enter the username that appears under your Display name; Repeat this step to find the usernames of all your friends.
- Select the x in the search bar to exit the search.
- Select the your profile icon.
- Now click on the gear icon in the upper right corner to access Setting from your Snapchat account.
- Choose Sign off at the bottom of the section Setting; Confirm that you want to close your account.
- Now select Register to create a new account with your new username.
- When you have completed all the steps to create a new Snapchat account, select the magnifying glass icon to search for your friends' usernames; Choose Add to add them.
Another way to add to your contacts is through the mobile contacts. Thus, when adding contacts, sync your contacts with your Snapchat account to add them all at once and complete the process quickly.
Now you know how to change username on snapchat and the solution for Create a new user account from scratch with your new name, recovering all your friends easily.